Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July 29, 2009

Today started off with class, where we were given a lesson on economics, gambling, and horses. It was raining pretty hard, so I finally gave in and bought an umbrella, which turned out to be a great decision! We got ready and set off to the horse races. We all looked very nice in fancy dresses and big, English hats. The races were quite fun, and I discovered that I just might have Grandma's gambling habit...uh oh! But, I set myself a limit. Also, on the 5th race, I ended up winning 14.80! I still came out negative 5, but still, I won one! One guy on our trip actually came out big on the last race...I think he got, like, 100 pounds! We then headed back to Oxford. I decided to pack for our trip to Edinburgh tomorrow!! Ah! Should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment